Monday, May 18, 2009

Batik Cushions







These blocks are going to be cushions to go on my parents sofa. Mum and I go to the Hamilton Craft show every year and 2 years ago she picked out 5 fabrics to be made into cushions. Yes its taken a while for me to get around to it. Sorry Mum! We did have visions of my eldest daughter making a couple but that just hasn't happened. I'm still working on her, maybe encouraging her might be a better word to use. The top 2 blocks are based on Amy Butlers Daisy Chain
Strippy Quilt. The zig-zag blocks are based on a tutorial from this blog A quilt is nice. I am still working on some log cabin blocks. I added some more batik fabrics from my stash which I purchased in Bali a few years ago. Found a whole row of fabric shops near a large market place in Denpasar and I was in heaven!

1 comment:

Carol R. said...

I love the fabric color combination you are using for these. LOVELY!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...