Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Another handbag?



A girl can never have too many handbags , don't you agree? These little beauties are all Amy Butler patterns. I made the one on the left for my eldest daughter Amelia from a "Heather Bailey" fabric she chose herself. We found a beautiful fabric store called Material Girl in Grand Island, Nebraska and Amelia came in with me to help me choose. ( I'm so glad she did as there was a lot to choose from!) The first lot of fabric we saw was Heather Bailey's "Pop Garden and Bijoux" which I had been drooling over for a couple of months but had only seen it on her blog. This shop was the largest fabric store I had ever been into and had an amazing variety of fabrics, patterns and embellishments plus some beautiful antique furniture used to display fabrics around the store.

The other large bag is made from a Sandi Hendersen fabric and the smaller one from Amy Butler's "Daisy Chain".

I found Amy's patterns very easy to follow and I'm very pleased with how they turned out. This beautiful flower comes with the pattern. I put a brooch pin on the back so I can move it around. The flowers on the other bags I designed myself.

2 comments:

Rafael's Mum said...

They've come out really well Catherine ! Love the one with the daisy chain flower, it just finishes that one of to a T!!

michal said...

These are really great bags. My favorite is the one made of Sandi Hendersen fabric!
Miki

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...