Sunday, July 19, 2009

Playing with fabrics.

I decided to join the Old Red Barn Co second quilt a long. We are making a zig-zag quilt using half square triangles which sounds easy enough. Spent a good hour playing with my stash trying to get the right fabric combinations. I think I've got it right now give or take one or two. Have decided that this one is for Caitlin as it has a few butterflies, ladybirds and caterpillars on some of the fabrics and she is that kind of girl.

I also came up with this group of fabrics which could also make a lovely quilt using half square triangles. It includes some Amy Butler , Heather Bailey and Kaffe Fassett prints plus two beautiful butterfly prints. What a dilemma! Should I make 3 quilts. ( I'm already working on one quilt for Amelia). What do you think?

1 comment:

Jackie's Stitches said...

What a gorgeous collection of fabric!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...