Monday, March 29, 2010

Working with stripes and flowers.

I should really be working on other things like the 'quilt as you go quilt along' that I recently joined but I was looking through my fabric collection, as you do, and found some triangles of striped fabric that I remember cutting up quite a while ago (maybe a couple of years ago!) and I felt inspired to have a play with them. I added some more stripes that I've purchased since and have cut up another 200 triangles and randomly sewn them together into squares. Today I'm going to have another play and sew them together. I think it will end being made into a cushion or a little quilt. When inspiration strikes you have to go with it don't you think?

I have also made flowers from the yoyo's and flowers shown in this post. These will be made into another project that I'm slowly beavering away on in the evenings.
Whats inspiring you today??

6 comments:

sewfunky said...

I love the flowers you've made - awesome!

Ariane said...

Your blocks look great!! But I love, love the flowers. Are you using your own pattern or following a pattern?

wishes, true and kind said...

Oh, I love those striped triangles!

Lara said...

LOVELY CATHERINE!!

Rafael's Mum said...

The flowers are gorgeous but those stripey blocks are going to SO lovely together! I can just see it allready!!

georgie said...

Hi Catherine i would love to see you do a tutorial on your blog for these flowers and yo-yo's.
love georgie x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...