Saturday, October 16, 2010

Ladybird, ladybird fly away home!

 
I've had a busy week this week with 2 days out of town but I did manage to get this cute little pincushion finished which means I can once again link to Amylouwho's Sew'n'tell Friday's. It's one of Heather Bailey's latest patterns which includes an adorable butterfly and a bee which are on my list to make next. The hardest part was choosing the fabrics for it. I don't have a lot of red in my stash. I not sure why because I do like red. Both the stripes are from Heather's "Nicey Jane" fabrics which is one of my very favourite collections.
The legs are meant to be made of rolled satin cord which I didn't have so I looked for some other cording in my stash but didn't have the right colour soooo I ended up stealing some off a drawstring bag that I store my felt in. When I looked at the pattern instructions and the size of the pattern pieces I was a little daunted but Heather's instructions walks you through each step and I had absolutely no issues, it all went together fairly quickly and very easily. I'm really looking forward to making the butterfly and bee now.


Now since I've been talking about Heather Bailey I thought it was appropriate to show some Nicey Jane fabrics that I recently purchased and my husband bought back from the States for me. I bought this group of fabrics from Sheree's Alchemy on Etsy and had them shipped to friends that my husband was going to stay with in Reno. As you can see it also includes 4 prints not from Heather's line. Sheree is very good at putting different fabrics together into lovely complimentary groups and she has great customer service and good quick shipping so I'm thoroughly recommending her shop. The cute birdie prints are from the Urban Chiks line "Sweet".

Wishing everyone a lovely weekend and if you need some great sewing inspiration go check out the Friday finishes over here.
I'm off to enjoy our nice spring weather and my birthday with a bush walk to a waterfall and a picnic.

8 comments:

XUE said...

Hey Catherine!
I'm back to wish you properly & on the correct day :) .
Happy Birthday to a wonderful new & talented friend ! NZ is so beautiful so I look forward to more fab pics of this waterfall you are heading to. Have a super day!
Warm wishes & hugs from across the ocean !

Karen said...

Happy Birthday!!! I hope you have a lovely day. That ladybird is just so cute. Just excellent. Can;t wait to see the next ones you have lined up to start. I have some of the gorgeous Nicey Jane too. Oh what to make with it. I have picked out a Thimbleblossom pattern. I think its called Wild Things (angled pinwheel block). I was wanting to get a vintage look with the fabrics. I haven't started cutting into it yet. Can't stop admiring it really.

Rafael's Mum said...

Lovely ladybird! Your birthday? Happy Birthday and hope you have a lovely day!!

Dianne said...

Oh my goodness, this is so cute! I love how your ladybird turned out and how neat for your husband to bring you home some fun fabric! I am new to amylouwho's site and her "Sew & Tell Fridays" and I'm so glad that I found her site and your's as well! :-)

Kristen said...

What a cute plushie! Take advantage of that exchange rate. Lovely fabrics! I think it may get better... on your end! ;)

myBearpaw said...

squeal!! Love that ladybird! Love it's little flowery eyes, so cute! Wish I had a husband who could bring me back fabrics from the states!
Happy Birthday too! xx

Lis Harwood said...

The plan for your birthday sounds wonderful, Happy Birthday and I hope you had a great time.

Unknown said...

you're getting so much done over here. Amazing little ladybird (we call them ladybugs in Canada, but I like using the ladybird word)! She's just beautiful. i'm especially fond of those eyes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...