Monday, June 24, 2013

New cushion cover designs....

 I started these cushion covers a couple of weeks ago now but they had to go on the back-burner for a week while I worked on Amelia's ottoman in my last post. The blue/purple/green 'brick' design cover is just a simple pattern I have wanted to try for a wee while now. It is made up of some scraps leftover from making these memo boards for Caitlin's room. It always feels good to use up leftover scraps doesn't it. The big pink flower design is an idea that came to me while doing some design doodling one evening and I decided to make it while the inspiration was fresh in my mind. 
 The centre of the flower is made up of 3 different sized yo-yo's with button centres. I do seem to have a thing about yo-yo's I think :-) and yes they did take a little while of sitting in the sun to sew them all on.
 The blue brick design cushion cover is just simply quilted with some fairly random wavy lines to break up the straight lines of the piecing.
The backs are a simple slightly off centre envelope enclosure using some of my favourite buttons on each.
Available in my shop from tomorrow :-)

6 comments:

Cath said...

such pretty cushions. I especially love the one with the part flower!
Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

Julie said...

They are both lovely - I especially like the pink flower. Don't you love it when ideas work.

Jenny said...

these are wonderful Catherine! im not a yo-yo girl, but you may have changed my mine with this design!

Karen said...

Lovely cushions Catherine! Your yo-yo's are a great addition to the design. I like the wavy quilting to. We are having the most wet weather at the moment. looking forward to some sunshine.

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is really beautiful cushion cover!

Thanks for Sharing!

Unknown said...

There are covers and there are cushion covers that come to life with its sheers elegance. Yers, we are talking about stylish cushion covers from Indianbeautifulart. The best in the business!

http://indianbeautifulart.com/bed-bath/cushion-covers.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...