Thursday, January 2, 2014

Stripped back and bare....

The next chair to be resurrected from "nannerish ugly" to fresh, bold and beautiful :-)
 The dusky pink fabric and smelly wadding and foam is gone, and after a few hours of sanding so has that  dark stain. Yes it took a bit of elbow grease and sweat to get rid of that dark stain but now its finally ready for a fresh coat of paint. 
These fabrics arrived right on Christmas eve so it felt like an early Christmas present for me. Purchased here at Hawthorne Threads which I can thoroughly recommend. The next step is to decide on the right fabric combination and a coordinating paint colour. Decisions, decisions.... any input would be greatly welcomed :-)

6 comments:

Julie said...

We had a lounge suite in this style when I was young. Pretty fabrics to choose from - I like the bottom photo no.4 on very RHS. Would you do a patchwork cover and perhaps white wash the woodwork?

Happy New Year to you Catherine.

Marina said...

Looks comfy! Can't wait to see it all prettified.

Needled Mom said...

That will be gorgeous!

Rafael's Mum said...

We had a chair just like that as well when I was very young (aged 0-4, I remember it well! I thought it was a 'magic' chair as when some money fell into it on the sides, it didn't come out the bottom on the floor! Little did I know at that age about those chairs having bottoms in them :-)

I love the colours you chose together, can't wait to see the result. Shame I don't live nearer or I would ask you to reserve it for me!!

Happy New Year! xxxx

Sue SA said...

hmmm such lovely fabrics, could you use all of them! I mean, literally have a nine patch on the cushions or use a different fabric on the front, sides and back? Otherwise I like the tone on tone aqua with floral pattern!

Karen said...

I am thinking this is going to look so fab-u-lous! I just adore those fabrics.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...