Sunday, June 29, 2014

A quilt for Elena

 Finished this fresh, modern baby quilt yesterday with the final stage of hand-stitching the binding to the back of the quilt. 

Even though it takes a lot longer I think the soft look of hand-quilting is worth the extra time and a couple of sore fingers from pulling the needle through.

These random wavy lines around the border were harder than I thought. I ended up unpicking my first attempt as it looked too uniform and intentional but I'm glad I persevered because I love the end result.


This quilt was a custom order for a friends first grand-daughter. The overall design and choice of fabrics were left to me to decide as long as it was predominately blue and modern which I hope I've succeeded in. Tomorrow it will be on its way to Ireland...

2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

That is so pretty. It looks amazingly soft.

Julie said...

This is beautiful Catherine, love that hand quilting. Not long till school holidays now:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...