Monday, July 14, 2014

The tumbler quilt...version 2

This quilt is the twin sister of Elena's quilt which I finished and posted about back here. I decided that it would not take much more time and effort to cut out enough pieces to make up two quilts, one for Elena and one to sell in my shop. I pinned the 3 layers together on Friday night with no firm idea how I was going to quilt it. Thankfully inspiration came to me over night along with the perfect wet and windy day on Saturday to stay inside and get to work on this modern baby quilt. I'm using 5 different colours of Perle cotton to quilt various sized circles randomly drawn on with a fabric marking pen. 
Unfortunately as cute as Leo our kitten is he is not at all helpful in getting this quilt quilted. Every time he sees the quilt on my lap he seems to think it's an invitation to push his way underneath either to play with the pins or sleep under the quilts warm layers depending on his mood.

3 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I love the circular quilting! It has to be tough with a helper like that ;-)

Julie said...

I love all that hand quilting. Leo is certainly growing too)

Karen said...

Good idea cutting two at the same time. The quilting looks so lovely. Lovely Leo is looking very comfortable there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...