Tuesday, November 3, 2009

You know what this means.......

Yes summer's on its way in our part of the world because these are ripening in my garden.
We love strawberries in our house!


Strawberries for dessert tonight!


And I've been working on these cute little strawberry ornaments today from a Heather Bailey pattern. One is for me and the other is for a friend. The strawberry fabric is the backing for this quilt.

Sorry to all you northern hemisphere readers about this summer post but I have been enjoying all those recent fall pictures being posted lately.

Block Party Quilt Along


The Block Party are publishing a book about virtual quilting bees and everyone has a chance to be part of it. You can read all about it on their blog but to kick it off they are having a giveaway.
They are a very talented and inspiring bunch of ladies and generous to boot. The photo above is one of the bundles of fat quarters that they are giving away.

5 comments:

HMaas said...

Strawberries - oh how I wish it were that time of year here - yum!!!

Rafael's Mum said...

Lovely strawberry photos and those fabric ones are also fantastic! You are a very good craftsperson/needlewoman... what do you call it again (my mind is going blank...sorry...). What I wanted to say is... looks fantastic, lovely sewing! :-)

Lara said...

I love those fabric strawberries you've made! They are gorgeous!! Aren't we lucky to be finally heading into Summer?! It sure has been a long winter in Wellington!! Can't wait to see your sew n tell Friday!!

And I think I might just have to try making those wee strawberries :)

wishes, true and kind said...

Great fabric strawberries. And enjoy the edible kind -- I'm half a year away from that treat :)

Sandy in Buenos Aires said...

I love your felt strawberries !!! Just gorgeous !!!
Hugs,
Sandy-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...