Friday, May 28, 2010

A 'new to me' blog find!


I've recently found this great new blog that's all about using up your stash in innovative ways. I'm all for using up fabrics in my stash when I can as you can see in this quilt where I used up stash fabrics for the backing and leftover bias strips for the binding. Also my daughter Amelia's quilt was made from not only fabrics from my stash but also leftover batting and bias binding.
Amber from 'A little bit biased' has just done a guest post on there with some great stash busting tips. Another great post was done by Cathy of Cabbage Quilts who shared her ways of stash busting. So if you need ideas to use up your stash this is the blog for you. It was started up by Rae Ann Nilson of the blog Cutie Pinwheel and she just might be having a wee giveaway so you might want to scoot on over there and check it out.

2 comments:

myBearpaw said...

This looks like a great blog! Found the stuff about doing a 'raffle quilt' really interesting. Thanks for the tip Catherine!

Rafael's Mum said...

Thanks for all the links Catherine, it will come in handy once I have finally made my quilts and have some scraps left over!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...