Friday, January 29, 2010

Welcome to my guest blogger Amelia!!

I have finished my 2nd quilt! It is quite bigger than my first. My first one was a doll quilt made for my little sister which you can see here. The fabrics I used were old scraps from my Mum and they were just the right size. I had been wanting to make this for quite a while. We started on Monday and finished on Thursday.  It was kinda of hard at first  because I had to get used to using the machine which I hadn't used in a while. My Mum helped me with putting the fabrics in pairs and cutting up the strips for the back.
I especially love the aboriginal fabrics on the back. I am really into fabrics from different cultures.


I did the straight line quilting and Mum did the wavy lines along the borders.
I am going to add this to this weeks Sew'n'Tell Friday!!!! Don't forget to check out all the other finishes for this week over at Amy's by clicking on the butoon over there on the right.
Thanks for reading my first blog post!!!!!! Amelia:) [ameliaroxz:)]

11 comments:

Rafael's Mum said...

Amelia, it is lovely to read a post by you and I am stunned at your first quilt!! I cannot believe how quickly you put that together and also how well matched up it is!!

I know myself (as I really have trouble with this!!!) how difficult it is to match up all the corners and easy as that might look to those who do not sew, I know how hard it is to get them all straight and matched and you have done an admirable job!

So nice and colourful too and really interesting fabrics. I can see you take after your mum and have the quiltling gene in you! I am looking forward to seeing what you are going to make next!

What are you going to do with it? Is it for yourself? Well done!!

Ariane said...

Your quilt looks wonderful Amelia!! It is so great that you are sewing and learning to quilt from your Mom. You did a great job with the piecing and the quilting. My daugter is working on her first quilt too. We still have to get the backing fabric, but hopefully she will get it soon,so that she can quilt it. You did a great job. You should be so proud of yourself!!

Susan said...

Beautiful! I especially like the pieced back...very nice job!

Leslie said...

this is amazing...congratulations on a quilt well done. this is a impressive first big quilt.

wishes, true and kind said...

Way to go, Amelia! You're a quilter! Beautifully done!

Carole Davids said...

Great job!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

Carole
http://sewcutblog.blogspot.com

Diane said...

Lovely fist quilt! YOu did a great job both with it and with your first stint as a guest blogger! Thanks for sharing!

Karen said...

What a wonderful quilt Amelia. I hope you like snuggling underneath it. I hope you keep sewing when you can and show us your finishes.

ChickieChirps said...

Way to go Amelia! It looks great! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Arabella

QuiltyBee said...

This looks great--proud of you for using stuff up. Thanks!

Lesly said...

Beautiful! Is it really your first quilt? Congratulations!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...