Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Flutterbys....

I have been wanting to make a picture like this for a while now, actually ever since I saw this tutorial. I finally managed to get the right butterfly punch last week when it came on sale at Spotlight. It's a Martha Stewart one so it isn't cheap! Last night while watching a documentary on swarms I punched out enough butterflies for 3 pictures. The documentary was on swarms of insects, animals and rodents so it seemed kind of appropriate to be making lots of butterflies. ( The swarms of mice shown last week was nightmare material)
The frame is one that I've had for years that I got at a quilting show and has been waiting for the perfect project. I painted the white background using blue and green stamp pads  and just used scraps of scrapbooking paper. I'm really pleased with the end result and now have ideas for more using different shapes.

Thanks for all the crochet encouragement! I now have wool and hooks so hopefully I can find a little pocket of time to make some thing bright and colourful!

5 comments:

Rafael's Mum said...

What a super butterfly project. I love the colours of the yarn! Well matched together. Good luck with the crochet!

Karen said...

You got to the shops! Great haul. The butterflies swarm looks so much nicer than a mouse swarm.

Unknown said...

your butterfly collage is a beaut! it looks so nice in that frame too!

crochet? i just started recently and am in awe at all the amazing crocheted things people are making these days! have to start on a more substantial project now because i've only done small things... good luck getting started! what will you make?

Deborah said...

Lovely colors!

Jo said...

Lovely colours for your crocheting project. Have you visited Attic24 blog spot, i am sure you would love the brightness that she brings to crochet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...