Sunday, January 5, 2014

A custom ordered Union Jack....

 I've been working on painting this Union Jack design for the past couple of days. It's for a good friend that lives just a few houses away who has a tiny obsession with all things British :-)
It's painted on a drawer that is no longer needed as a drawer so it has become the perfect canvas for another Union Jack to grace her beautiful home. 

I learnt a few good little techniques when I painted my first Union Jack design on Caitlin's desk. The most helpful thing I learnt was to use proper painters tape instead of masking tape to ensure nice clean lines with no bleeding which means I had very minimal touch-up painting to do. I find this sort project so satisfying to work on especially at the end when I get to reveal the white lines under the masking tape. Hope my client is pleased with my efforts :-)

2 comments:

XUE said...

I wouldn't have thought that there would be much difference in using the proper painters' tape & would have used masking tape - and now I know better ! Wishing you a wonderful year of more creativity !

Karen said...

Wow! It looks great. You did a fab job. You have crazy good skills for anything you try. What's next I wonder...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...