Tuesday, September 8, 2009

More felt hearts!


I have been slowly beavering away with these hearts most nights after the girls have gone to bed and have finally finished them. They were inspired from the heart ornament I made my friend "Jayne". I just jazzed them up a bit with some more simple embroidery and beading. They look quite Christmasy but I think they would also look nice all year round.




Have cut up my fabric into strips for the wonky log cabin quilt along and I'm now ready for the fun part of sewing. However I'm determined to finish quilting my zigzag quilt before I start another quilt. I'm over half way now so hopefully by the end of the week I'll have something to show for my hard work. I've had no puckering on the back of the quilt so I'm really pleased with how well the basting spray has worked.

1 comment:

Rafael's Mum said...

I am glad the basting spray worked. I might try that one day... You are very good to finish it.. I have abandoned that one. Nearly have the fabrics together for the wonky one.. We'll see...

Lovely little felt hearts. Funnily enough I have been making these too! (started last year christmas after a workshop) and have sent some out allready as a tree ornament gift with my christmas swap blocks. I am doing the same little stars as yours but then all over. They are so cute aren't they? I like the beading too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...