Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Tote Bag


Finished this Tote Bag today. It's good to get this bag finished as I've been working on it for some time now. I knew what I wanted it to look like but it took a while to figure out how to put it together. I kept putting it aside in the "too hard pile" as you do. Its the first time I've made something like this from scratch with no pattern to go by so I'm feeling pretty proud of my achievement. Its a nice casual bag made from my quite large collection of batik fabrics. As I wasn't sure whether it was going to turn out how I had envisaged I used fabrics that I wasn't too attached too. So maybe next time I might use some designer fabric. I think it could do with a couple of pockets inside and maybe a matching make-up bag.


As you might have noticed I've been 'renovating' my blog. I really wanted to have 3 columns but now that I have I'm not entirely happy, so it's still a work in progress. Any tips and hints would be gratefully accepted. Been playing around with 'html' but don't really know what I'm doing. Big learning curves happening around here. Have also added my photo so you can put a picture of me (and my girls) to my words.

1 comment:

Rafael's Mum said...

Love the bag and do love the batik! (even though you might not be too attached to it... I think it is beautiful!). Well done, that one is still on my "too hard" pile and will stay there for a bit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...