Thursday, August 12, 2010

Matching sets..

I've been waiting for an excuse to make these little clutch purses ever since I saw this tutorial on the blog "Noodlehead".  I decided after making Caitlin's new bag that one of these clutches would be the perfect accessory for it.  And just to even up the score I made one for her older sister Amelia. These purses came together really easily especially the second time round. The only thing I did different was to add a handle to slip on your wrist.

Amelia's is made in some Heather Bailey 'Pop garden' fabric to match her bigger bag which is an Amy Butler pattern, 'the Sophie carry all'. Amelia wasn't sure at first whether she needed another bag but hey a girl can never have too many bags right?

Each purse has a divider and a pocket on one side divided into 3 smaller pockets for cards, not that my girls have any cards yet but I'm thinking of the future here.

10 comments:

Leslie said...

these are stunning...i love that floral fabric

Leonie said...

beautiful clutches and the bag is gorgeous too. Lucky girls!

www.kiwiatheart.com

Unknown said...

ooooh Catherine you are right! can't have too many bags especially when they look like these. so so pretty!

Lara said...

OMG Catherine! I love them! Especially that HB clutch and matching bag! LOVE!!!

Gill said...

Gorgeous bags!!
I have the sophia bag cut out but I haven't got a zip for it yet!! How did you get on with it? any tips??
Gill

georgie said...

What lucky girls to have a mother like you.And your absolutely right one bag is never enough,one for every outfit is more like it.
love and hugs Georgie xx

myBearpaw said...

Your bags a gorgeous! I love the Heather Bailey fabric.

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

The clutches turned out great! Good use for the HB fabric.

Pokey said...

Your purses are great! They will love carrying them. You made excellent fabric selections, they are really fun. I love the noodlehead tutorial, too.

wishes, true and kind said...

Your gathered clutches are so cute! Great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...