As promised here is the pillow I've been working on using some lovely vibrant batik fabrics. I had very nearly finished it yesterday afternoon but wasn't entirely happy with the way it looked and it's still not 100% perfect in my eyes but despite it's slight imperfections I do love the look of it and it goes perfectly with my batik quilt.
The main problem I had with this pillow was getting it stuffed well without it losing its shape. I ended up taking it apart this morning and applying a double layer of interfacing to the sides and iron-on batting and a few quilting lines to the base to give it a more structured look and stop any distortion.
My inspiration for this pillow was the flower I've sewn to the centre. I made this flower a few months ago but it ended bigger than intended so its been sitting patiently waiting to adorn the perfect project. I think it makes this pillow look 'pretty' in a bohemian sort of way.
I put in an invisible zipper on the side which turned out pretty much perfect thanks to this great tutorial.
I had intended to put this pillow in my shop but with what I've learnt with this one I shall make another more perfect one with maybe a large covered button in the centre. Besides it's looks quite at home in my big vintage cane armchair with its matching quilt.