Thursday, January 10, 2013

New Boho Bags .....

  
Here's the latest versions of my Boho bag which I first made here and here. I finished them just a few days before Christmas. I just love working with these vibrant and colourful batiks, most of which come from Bali. Not quite sure which one I like best but apart from the pretty and colourful assortment of batiks used I love this style of bag and it's handy features. It sits nicely on the hip and is a great size to hold everything that a girl needs but not too big to feel cumbersome when it's full.

Inside is a zipped pocket to store things that you want to keep safe and secure and a handy lanyard with a hook for keeping your keys not only safe but easy to access when you need them. There is nothing more annoying than fishing around the bottom of your bag for your keys when you need them quickly don't you think :-)

The two straps tie together at the top therefore making it adjustable to your preferred length and also alowing it to be worn across the body or on one shoulder.

On the outside there is a pocket on each side which are perfect for holding sunglasses or a cellphone etc... 

For the enclosure on these bags I chose a simple loop and a large handmade button. These bags are now available for sale here in my etsy shop along with the navy version here.


And of course these cute little zippered pouches coordinate perfectly and can be hooked on to the hook/lanyard inside each bag.
Okay since it's once again unbearably hot outside here today we're off to the beach for a cooling dip and maybe a little snooze while I work on my tan :-) 

6 comments:

XUE said...

Love the little handmade buttons & the crazy decorative stitches which sure enhanced the whole fun look. Have a good creative year !

Lynne said...

I love your bags. The fabrics are so pretty!

Katy Cameron said...

Love those buttons!

Not at all jealous of you in the sun while we have freezing fog...

Nic said...

Love all the batiks. And it sounds like NZ is getting a beautiful summer

Lis Harwood said...

I'm glad you're enjoying good weather. DH was in NZ before Christmas and had a disappointing Spring, very wet. Love the bags, I hope they sell well.

Karen said...

Pretty bags Catherine. Your zippers look great. I have zipper envy. Those zippered pouches are adorable. I love zippered pouches.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...