Monday, May 27, 2013

Back to my happy place......

 This past weekend I got back into my Sewing Attic aka "my happy place" :-). Not much sewing or much at all has been happening around her for a couple of weeks due to a minor operation on the arch of my foot to remove a sunspot. Although the operation itself was minor the recovery was very unexpectedly not so minor and I have had to keep walking to a minimum even resorting to getting crutches to help get myself get around more easily. (Whilst hopping around was good for working those abdominals it was hard work and crawling up and down stairs is slightly undignified.) Thankfully my girls have been very helpful, cooking, cleaning and hanging out our washing etc... plus I have good friends and neighbours that have also helped us out. I am getting around a little bit better today and the stitches come out on Wednesday so hopefully I'll be even more mobile by the end of the week as my eldest, Amelia, turns sweet 16 on Thursday :-)
For this project that I'm currently working on I have picked out some mainly turquoise/blue prints and have even cut into some favourite 'Amy Butler' and 'Heather Bailey' prints to get the right mix of prints. These colours are so me. My bedroom has various shades of aqua/turquoise and I plan to redecorate my lounge one day soon in these colours. They are so calm and restful don't you think?

7 comments:

Deb said...

Catherine they look so fresh and crisp all together. It will be beautiful in the bedroom. Hope your foot is feeling better soon. xx

Julie said...

It is looking beautiful. Bet you can remember all sorts of projects from those squares. Glad to hear you are on the mend and those stitches will be coming out. Happy Birthday to your daughter too.

Karen said...

I hope you are feeling better and get your mobility back. I had ankle surgery a few years ago and at the time lived in a unit on the top floor. When I came home from hospital I just didn't have the strength or energy to get up those stairs. I got up those stairs on my butt in a skirt. I prayed so hard no one saw me. The skirt did not stay where it was supposed to. So embaressing.
So glad you have been able to sew. Those fabrics are just so lovely. I hope you have a wonderful day celebrating your daughters 16th birthday. This year seems to be flying by at breakneck speed.

Needled Mom said...

I hope you are more mobile soon. I love those colors!

Katy Cameron said...

Owie on the foot, hope it's much better soon! Glad you got back to your happy place though :o)

Second Chance Tan said...

ooooo poor you and your foot - glad the girls are helping out. Loving those blues, what fab combinations xxx

Silvia LGD (Little Green Doll) said...

I hope you get well very soon!
I love all these blue/turquoise colours :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...