Thursday, April 17, 2014

Just a little bit of sewing.....

 These four cushion covers are at this moment making their way to a new home in North Carolina.  They were a custom order which as you may know I love to do as it means I get to find out a little bit about the person I'm sewing for. These covers are going to a rustic stone cabin and will bring a little spring into their owners lounge.
 The backs are just a simple envelope closure with a little of the spring flowers print added to the edges.
 
 The fronts are backed with a light layer of batting then quilted with random wavy lines in coloured embroidery threads.
 And this quilt top is what I've been working on this week. It's once again a custom order and will eventually be making its way to Ireland . I pretty much had creative license on this baby girls quilt except that it should be predominately blue and the fabrics should have a very modern vibe to them so I have included fabrics from Amy Butler and Heather Bailey who just happen to be 2 of my favourite fabric designers.
I have used a traditional patchwork pattern called 'tumbler' and I thankfully had the foresight to cut out enough blocks to make 2 quilts so one will be up for sale in my online shops. I am planning to hand-quilt this little quilt in simple swirly circles.

3 comments:

Pink Bicycle Girl said...

Hi, I love the colours of your tumbler quilt. I have literally just put the borders on one this evening. I have made it into an I spy quilt so its quite bright and bold. I will blog it in a day or so once its quilted.

Julie said...

You have been busy - mustbe nice to know that a bit of your creativity will be winging it's way around the world. Happy Easter.

Karen said...

That's great to hear you are getting some custom orders. I can tell you are having fun making them. I want to make myself a tumbler block quilt one day. I even have a template. Now where is that elusive time? I am finding it hard to believe we are nearly in May again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...