Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Making tomato sauce



I think I mentioned here before that I had planted twice as many tomato plants as I normally do because I planned on making tomato sauce. Over the weekend I picked a bucketful of tomatoes (approx. 6 kgs) and on Monday I made what I think will be a years supply of tomato sauce for us since Amelia is off to university in a couple of weeks which leaves just Caitlin and I. Might have to give some away....along with some fresh tomatoes as there are still many more tomatoes to ripen and pick. The recipe I used is an old recipe given to me by a friend but can also be found in the Aunt Daisy cookbook.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Well done Catherine, nothing beats home made tomato sauce.

Karen said...

My Mum made home made tomato sauce once and it was so delicious. The recipe was somewhat labour intensive so it wasn't made again. Your tomatoes look so juicy and yummy all cut up. I hope your daughter won't be too far from home. She is off to spread her wings hopefully with some sewn goodies from Mum to remind her of home.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...