Monday, June 29, 2009

A Dangerous Recipe

A friend sent us the following recipe for a chocolate cake made in a large mug in the microwave. We made one each with our girls and it was a real hit. Very easy for kids to make and very entertaining to watch it cook in the microwave.Why is it dangerous? Because if you have all the ingredients on hand you are only 5 minutes away from a chocolate cake anytime day or night! I think we may have been generous with our measurements as ours overflowed where as when my husband did it with our youngest daughter, Caitlin, theirs was perfect. Still tasted pretty good with a dollop of ice-cream!


4 tablespoon self raising flour
4 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips or (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract and your favourite tipple
1 large coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to your LARGEST mug and mix well
Add egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
Add the chocolate chips (if using), vanilla extract and a drop or two of your favourite tipple then mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts (high)
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed.
Allow to cool a little and tip out onto a plate if desired.
Serves 2.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Oh yes, this is very dangerous...especially if there is vanilla ice cream in the house!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...