Sunday, July 25, 2010

Winter harvest..........


Today I spent most of the morning on my new to me laptop working on my Etsy shop and designing new business cards but after lunch I decided it was too nice a day to spend inside. We've had lovely sunny clear days this weekend which makes me want to get outside. The garden has been a little neglected of late although probably only through my eyes. So this afternoon I cleaned up our veggie gardens and got quite a good harvest of carrots and rather large red onions. Isn't pulling carrots so satisfying especially when they end up a decent size. Now I'm pretty sure my husband is going  to come home from a visit to the supermarket with some more carrots which were on his list. Hmmm...... I think I might be making carrot soup.


And there's nothing like fresh flowers to make a home more welcome. I love the smell of these 'early cheer' flowers. They remind me of holidays on my Granddad's farm. I used to build houses and gardens under some tree's in a paddock that was full of winter and spring bulbs. I even used to transplant some of the bulbs over to my little garden.


And I thought I'd end this post with one of the beautiful Camellia's flowering at the moment. Hope every one's had enjoyable and productive weekend like I did.

2 comments:

Lis Harwood said...

Ha ha, I was very confused to see the early cheer flowers (we call them cheerfulness here) on your blog and had decided they must be roses...then remembered you are in the southern hemisphere, derr!

myBearpaw said...

I love the photo of the carrots - they look so lovely all dirty and straight out of the ground. Hopefully next summer I will produce some of these myself!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...