Sunday, July 18, 2010

Spoilt!


I felt very spoilt yesterday when I received this beautiful crochet case  in the mail from a blogging friend Michelle. She said she wanted to send me a thank you card but I got a bit more than a thank you card! A crochet case is exactly what I needed! As you can see she has put a lot of work into creating this work of art with embroidered felt pieces and meandering lines of wool. So bright and colourful and so me! I was lead to Michelle's blog 'MadebyMichelle' by her sister Ariane who's blog 'Ariane's Crafts' I have been following since I started blogging. They are both very creative in their own different ways so please go on over and check their blogs out,I'm sure you won't be disappointed.  


This is the inside of the case complete with 4 coloured crochet hooks and an envelope containing "Button plastic". Now I know most people will be now thinking "What the heck is 'button plastic'!?" If you go on over to Michelle's blog she has a great tutorial on making your own covered buttons without using one of those kits you have to buy! To be able to make my own covered buttons without buying a kit is going to come in very handy for me living in a small town 2 hours away from a decent craft shop. With this tutorial you can make any size button you want and save a little money. These buttons just require a little recycled plastic and we all like to be able to recycle don't we Michelle :) 

7 comments:

wishes, true and kind said...

What a sweet friend and very pretty crochet case ;)

joan

Cadi said...

Beautiful fabric & a lovely edging!

angelina said...

wow michelle that is beautiful i love it! congrats on your happy mail!

Rafael's Mum said...

What a lovely case and all that lovely handstitching too. Great present !

Videa said...

A lovely crochet case, a lot of work here. Lucky Girl. Please could you tell me the month of the Better Home mag. Did you get my email?

Unknown said...

hi catherine! i'm so glad you like it! it took a while to get to you. almost two weeks. of course you live across the globe so maybe that's to be expected!

hugs,

michele

Lis Harwood said...

What a lovely gift.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...