Monday, September 26, 2011

Spring blossoms and blooms...

Spring is really in full swing here and we have been watching this blossom tree just 2 doors along from us quite quickly come into bloom over this past week. Just when I thought it had finished coming out the next day it would look even more beautiful.

It is quite a large tree but I have no idea what sort of tree it is but a good one to play under for the neighbourhood kids when in the heat of summer it provides some welcome shade.

As you can see I took a few photos of it on Saturday which was a nice warm spring day, perfect for being outside in the garden.
These 'Clivia' flowers dotted around our backyard garden are providing a lovely splash of warm colour everywhere.
A delicate blue Japanese iris just coming into flower. These plants love the shade so last year I transplanted a whole bunch of these underneath the tall redwood trees at the back of our property.

Pink and red Azalea's flowering underneath our loaded Lemon tree.

A Magnolia bloom
One of our Magnolia trees with a very similar coloured Rhododendron in the background.
These tiny camera shy flowers were given to us from my late father-in-law and I think they are a native little orchid. Whatever they are I like them for their sweet size and colour.

What's flowering in your garden this season?

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful blooms... I ventured out in the garden today, digging in lots of compost and planting some new plants!

Kathy said...

Isn't spring marvellous! Everything is bright and clean and there is such a lot of colour in the garden. My spring favourites are daffodils for colour and jasmine for scent.

Michele Pacey said...

Holey mackerel these photos are stunning Catherine! That tree is amazing. I wish my garden would look like that at any point but alas, it's not to be... I'll have to just enjoy yours!

Katy Cameron said...

I'm not a gardener, but I think the tree is maybe a cherry? You get white and pink blossomed ones

Shasta said...

You have a beautiful garden - all the flowers and the colors are so lovely. Unfortunately, we are heading into winter here, so not very much is blooming - just some last minute stragglers.

Lis said...

Beautiful photos, Happy Spring to you!

Emma said...

Gorgeous garden! And yes, I see your lemon tree is amazing.

Bec said...

Stunning, very rewarding for you too I imagine.

Diane said...

Those blossoms are beautiful!

Karen said...

So very pretty. I love flowers. I think I pin more pictures of flowers than anything else on Pinterest. Our clivia finished flowering about a month ago.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...