Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thursday tutorial links...

Plaited fabric headband
With school holidays upon us I've decided to make the most of  Pinterest and actually try some craft tutorials I've pinned . I've been down with the flu since last Thursday so it was good to actually get some crafting done and feel human again. With some guidance from me Amelia made this pretty plaited headband this afternoon. She's become quite fussy with what she likes and wanted no pink or girly flowery fabrics but as soon as I mentioned my batik fabric collection she had no trouble picking some nice blues and greens which just happen to be my favourite colour combo. This headband really doesn't take up that much fabric just 6 strips 1 inch wide each plus a hair tie cut in half for the elastic around the back. Very cool head band don't you think?

Pleated ribbon bookmark
I found this tutorial for a bookmark/journal wrap a few days ago and have since  been itching to whip one up. I started making this one for myself but as you can see it's adorning one of Caitlin's books. I quite like the idea of this type of bookmark as it doubles up as a neat way to keep a book such as a journal all together. It also occurred to me that it could actually make a cute headband as well.
See all that time I have spent on Pinterest has not been wasted!

What do you do to keep the kids happy and occupied in the holidays?

5 comments:

Katy Cameron said...

Great way to keep them occupied!

Leslie said...

we try to spend lots and lots of time out of doors!!! the headband is so cute....love the bookmark idea.

Unknown said...

Are you still sick? Hope you're feel better soon Catherine.

Caitlin's headband is cute and pretty in your greens and blues!

The book sling idea is SO handy! I've made similar (but much lazier) slings for my books. I've cut the arms from old T-shirts into loops ( they're stretchy) and thrown them around books!

georgie said...

Alice would absolutely adore that head band I shall have to check it out and I love the bookmark too.
Love and hugs Georgie xx

Karen said...

I hope you are over the flu now. The headband looks so good. The batiks were perfect.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...