Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Keeping busy....



So looks like I've had an unintentional break from blogging lately. I've been keeping busy with school holidays, doing a spring clean-up in my garden, quite a bit of sewing, and oh yeah I've just celebrated a birthday :-) My girls made me feel loved and special with presents, artwork, and thoughtful words written in my birthday cards. My parents took me out shopping and to lunch for the day and 2 girlfriends organised a casual dinner of home made burgers and wine. I whipped up the above Strawberry chocolate tart for dessert and it was the perfect decadent ending to a perfect birthday. You can find the recipe here. Be warned that the only thing healthy about it is the 2 punnets of strawberries underneath the white and dark drizzled chocolate layer. Although dark chocolate has some health benefits too right??

Okay I shall be back very soon with a post or 3 to share what I have been sewing.

5 comments:

Sue SA said...

Wow that looks so yummy...I think birthday treats are calorie free..right! Looking forward to the sewing eye candy.

Julie said...

Happy belated birthday, Sounds like you had a great day. Dessert looks very yummy.

Nic said...

Happy birthday. Glad to hear you had a great day.
Mmmm, strawberries and chocolate...

Karen said...

Belated Happy Birthday! i am so glad you had a lovely day. The cake looks so decadant. Perfect for a birthday!

Unknown said...

unexpected bloggy breaks are necessary sometimes. I could use one myself actually. :)

Happy belated birthday Catherine! Sounds like you had a lovely time and ate some yummy yummy dessert! Well deserved, I'd say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...