Thursday, October 18, 2012

A new bag for spring/summer

 I made this shoulder/ messenger bag about 3 weeks ago now but couldn't find time to blog about it so yeah 3 weeks later here it is. Its a type of bag that I've been wanting to make for a while now. The pretty floral fabric I used has been in my stash for a few years, actually I bought it before I had kids as I can remember the dress I made it up in. I don't have the dress any more but thankfully had quite a bit of the fabric leftover patiently waiting for the perfect project.

It is a lovely roomy bag with 2 outside pockets and 1 zippered inner pocket. The straps are generously lengthy and tie at the top so you can adjust their length to where you want the bag to sit. I like to have it strung across my body with it sitting nicely on my hip and leaving my hands free.

I originally strung some beads onto the zip but then found this little dragonfly charm that I had forgotten I had bought some time ago. I think it fits in perfectly with the floral almost botanical look of this print.


And here is my beautiful 15 year old modelling the bag for me in out garden last Sunday which was a warm but breezy spring day here.  Notice the tail of my ever present photography assistant.
I have since made another one of these bags with a few extra features but that is a whole other post :-)

3 comments:

Lis Harwood said...

That's such a pretty bag amd I love the little dragonfly - good touch. You'll get loads of use out of this I'm sure.

Karen said...

You have done beautiful job with the bag. Your zipper looks awesome. Mine are never that neat. You have just gotta love a bag that leaves your hands free.

Bec I am said...

Beautiful fabric, great tie in with the dragon fly. I love bits of magic like that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...