Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Modern baby quilts in the making....

Creativity seems to be flowing from within me this past week. I've managed to whip up 3 cot sized modern baby quilts in just 4 days and that includes pulling out the perfect groupings of fabrics together, often the part that takes me way too long. Each quilt has either one or two Valorie Wells fabrics in them which was my starting point in coordinating the perfect mix of colours and patterns. I love this improvisational style of piecing, its like putting together a big jigsaw puzzle and is a great way to make favourite prints stand out.
My inspiration fabric for this blue/green quilt top was the large scale butterfly print on a white background which started a bit of a butterfly theme happening. I've had the two smaller butterfly prints for quite some time in the "waiting for the perfect project" pile :-)
 I think this one is my favourite...I love the large scale birds from Valorie's Nest fabric line and also the line of red butterflies through the centre. 
This was the first quilt top to be put together with the large scale butterfly print in a blue colourway as the starting point. I like the fun retro feel this collection of prints has given this quilt top. Now I have a few evenings of relaxing hand-quilting in front of me....
My constant companion Leo having a little rest in between his crazy kitten antics. Thankfully he has fully recovered from a bad infestation of worms and is now his normal full of energy bouncing ball of fluff. A couple of weeks ago he was skin and bone looking very sad and helpless :-(

3 comments:

Needled Mom said...

What fun little quilts you have created!

Julie said...

You have been busy, they are very bright and cheerful.

Karen said...

Great quilts! I love that row of butterflies in the pink/red quilt top.
As I started reading your blog post I was thinking "I wonder how Leo is. I hope there is a picture" and sure enough there is a picture of the cute Leo. Glad to hear he is well again. He looks very content.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...