Monday, September 1, 2014

Inspired by spring......



 While it is officially the first day of spring here, the wild, wet and cold weather is not feeling very spring-like. I did manage to pick a few spring flowering blooms from my garden late this afternoon during a small break from the constant rain. 

 This pretty Scandinavian fabric arrived late last week just in time for some spring inspired sewing. It's going to help brighten up a couple 70's lounge chairs I have been working on lately and maybe a cushion or two as well.... 
In between sanding and applying polyurethane to a couple of pieces of furniture last week I did manage to cut and sew these 3 aprons for a lady at church, finishing them off on Saturday night just in time to give them to her on Sunday morning. They are to be sold at a stall to raise funds for the local 'Parkinson's' group

2 comments:

Julie said...

Love your spring blooms!!

Karen said...

Lovely spring flowers! It has been raining here too! Which is a good thing. We had an extremely dry winter. I love that Scandinavian fabric! I can't wait to see it on the chairs. I am pretty sure those aprons will sell very quickly. They are so pretty. If I bought one I would have trouble using it. I wouldn't want to get it dirty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...