Friday, April 2, 2010

A Friday finish!

Another cushion to lounge around on. Have been working on this all afternoon and managed to get it finished just before dinner (thankfully my DH made dinner tonight). After I machine quilted it I wasn't so sure whether I still liked it as much but now it has a nice plump pillowform inside I'm warming to it again. I did really enjoy working with the stripes for a change and just playing with the layout. I think in hindsight I would have done a simpler quilting pattern. The idea for this cushion is from Kaffe Fassetts book "Passionate patchwork" which is full of beautiful quilt patterns and just great inspiration.

The reverse side.

 It measures 24" x 24" so its big enough for a throw cushion in our lounge. I really want to keep it nice and vibrant which will be a challenge in our lounge as we have floor to ceiling windows on one wall and the sun streams in all morning (nice on winter mornings though).

I'm adding this to Amylouwho's Sew'n'tell Friday this week. Be sure to go on over and check out everyone's great finishes this week.

21 comments:

Sandra said...

Wow this is great, love the colours!

Anne at Film and Thread said...

That is SO beautiful. It's so interesting to see the stripes pieced like that in a smaller scale.

Busy Little Quilter said...

I love the colors!

Nima said...

wow...beatutiful cushion...

visitng you from sew & tell

Maevy said...

What a gorgeous cushion, I just love the way the stripes have been pieced together. And the back is just as lovely!

Lauren said...

Wow they are beautiful. I hope the sunshine doesn't make the colors fade too fast.

Pokey said...

It's really neat! the squares are very dimensional with your stripes upon stripes. The back could stand on it's own! this is a nice finish, Catherine!

Ariane said...

It's gorgeous! I love it!!!

Carla said...

What a great way to bring color into a home. You have inspired me to make one of these. Yours came out so pretty!

Dee said...

This is a way cool pillow! Love the front and the back closure is very nicely done!

Happy Easter!

Kristen said...

Wonderful pillow! Nice play with the stripes!

Mary said...

Nice job! Very cool.

Joan said...

Loved your cushions..Happy Easter to you and your family...I enjoyed my visit

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

Very nice use of the stripes. Beautiful front and back!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

What a wonderful cushion! Kaffe's books are awesome. So much wonderful inspiration.

QuiltyBee said...

Oh, I LOVE the stripes. Hey I have a bunch of stripes! Thanks for the inspiration--nice finish.

wishes, true and kind said...

Your pillow is beautiful! I love it!

Karen said...

Looks gorgeous. I love what you have done with the stripes.

ktquilts said...

What bright cheerful colors!! Great finish!

Blessings,
KT

beth said...

What a beautiful bunch of fabric! Love it!

Rene' said...

Catherine, I love your cushions!!! This one is gorgeous. Great fabrics, pattern and quilting. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...