Friday, February 25, 2011

Spots, dots and circles...

My latest cushion is full of spots, dots and appliqued circles.  There's something about these shapes that I seem drawn to at the moment. It was a fun cushion to make especially going through my fabric scraps picking out all the spotty, dotty mainly green prints.

Using my walking foot I quilted some random wavy lines around all the circles.

Here's a more close-up shot of the quilting....I used a blue/green/yellow variegated thread for both the applique and the quilting which I just  love the look of.

And we have more polka dots on the back teamed with a small scale blue and white gingham. I did the same tied backing that I learned how to do on this cushion.

Another cushion I'd like to keep but this one is also available for purchase in my shop.

7 comments:

fialka012 said...

Krásně veselé...

Silvia LGD (Little Green Doll) said...

Beautiful colours!! :)

Leslie said...

i love that variegated thread...it really is a pretty cushion

Wendy said...

what a lovely cushion, love the colours, love the circles, love the thread...

Unknown said...

It's a very spring-like cushion Catherine! I can't wait til actual spring arrives, the snow is getting old!

Karen said...

love, love the greens. the blue on the back was a wonderful surprise.

Anonymous said...

I love the wavy line quilting...the contrasting colors are so pretty. Very nice. Stumbled across your blog today and really enjoyed it. You have a new follower! Come on over to kiki-itssewkiki.blogspot.com, check it out and follow if you like it!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...