Monday, January 18, 2010

Swimming with frogs!


Sorry for the lack of blogging but the girls and I went away for a few days to stay with friends who own a few acres just outside of Hamilton. While I helped out in their rather large garden the girls played with my friends 5 month old nephew while his Mother was able to do some work on her laptop, played Wii sport, and swam in their pool.  

The highlight of Caitlin's stay was when we found a couple of frogs in the garden. Caitlin loves animals small and large so she was in her element. Our Friends let her take it in their pool for a while (salt water pool) and she had a great time swimming around with it while I took photo after photo trying to get that elusive perfect shot.


We were only back home for 2 days before we were off again down to Palmerston North (approx 6 hours drive away) for a wedding, dropping the girls off at my parents in Waihi on the way through. It was a lovely wedding with the rain holding off at just the right times. It was really nice to go away for the weekend just as a couple. On the way home we took our time meeting up with friends for brunch and exploring some antique and 2nd hand stores in a couple of the small towns that we usually just drive straight through. In one antique shop I spied a vintage wooden cotton reel holder that was like a cake stand with 3 levels. (I'm now kicking myself for not taking a photo of it!) It was beautiful and came complete with vintage cotton reels. And yes it stayed in the shop because its price tag was $450!!

These fabrics were waiting for me when I got home from our friends. About a month before Christmas I entered a giveaway on the blog of fabric designer 'Valori Wells' . I then completely forgot about it as I never thought I had a chance of winning. I recieved 7 fat quarters of her designs on flannel. They are lovely and soft and I just love those cute little owls!

5 comments:

PaisleyJade said...

Love the frog - glad you had a good time away!!

Needled Mom said...

It sounds like a great time was had by all. I love the pics of the frog.

The fabric is awesome and what a thrill it must have been to come home to it.

Rafael's Mum said...

great photos! what a wonderful thing to be able to do. love the fabrics too. so happy you were lucky to win.

sandandstarfish said...

i am so jealous of your win!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Not so elusive, since you wound up with three beautiful shots! Congrats on your win.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...