Monday, July 4, 2011

Downsizing....

Yes finally I'm on the smallest sized square, which means I'm on the home stretch to finishing my first crochet blanket which just happens to be my first ever crochet project. I guess I like to challenge myself when it come to trying new skills. It's been a year since I started this crochet project and although I've had a few mini breaks I have enjoyed every minute of making these squares and can't recommend it enough as a great take anywhere portable project.

And this pretty wreath is something else I've been working on these last few days. I managed to add the last few finishing touches to it today.You might remember I showed a sneek peek of it on Friday. When I started designing my Bliss quilt I wanted to also design some coordinating bedroom decor items with a similar theme as well as the same fabrics and this is one of the ideas I came up with. I'm really loving how it turned out.

For the hanging ribbon I just hand stitched some white ric-rac to some narrow red ribbon with some perle cotton. As I've mentioned before I just love adding ric-rac to items.

The pinwheels are 3 inches across and are topped with some pretty buttons. Buttons are another favourite addition that I like to use.

Another photo to share because the weather gods were smiling today and I got some great shots making it hard to choose the best ones.

Listed in my shop today here :)

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Love the little squares! I too have a pile of them, not for a project as ambitious as a blanket though!

Lis Harwood said...

Can't crochet, won't crochet! But I love the fabric wreath, what a lovely idea.

georgie said...

I love those little crochet squares such vibrant colours,I can't wait to see the completed blanket!
Love and hugs Georgie xx

Bec I am said...

The squares look beautiful I can't wait to see the finish. Must make a wreath this years too yours looks great

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...