I've been working on getting this quilt pinned and ready for quilting today. I laid out the layers of backing, and batting last night taping them to the lounge room floor pulling them taunt as I went, then I laid the quilt top down on top and realised that 2 of the rows were around the wrong way. Very annoying but I'm thankful I noticed before I had pinned all the layers together. So I left the backing and batting taped to the floor overnight and this morning I unpicked the 2 seams and sewed them the right way around. Now it is all ready to quilt with straight and diagonal lines I think....although suggestions are most welcome :-)
It was such a beautiful sunny day today and I must say it was hard to stay inside and sew but this afternoon I took a walk around the garden and photographed some flowers that have just begun to bloom. The name of the flower in the above photo escapes right now but was grown from seed by my green thumbed Father. I have a few of these in pots. I hope they all come out as pretty as this one.