Monday, March 7, 2011

Brainstorming and a new little addiction................

One of the projects we had to put together for the Indie biz workshop was a collage of pictures that reflected our style. I'm not sure what I would call my style exactly but I definitely know what I like and what I don't like. I ended up doing 2 pages because I found it hard to edit down the pictures I'd cut out...guess I got carried away going through some of my old magazines.

Yep colour is something I'm definitely drawn too from flowers to clothing and to how I decorate my home.

No style collage of mine would be complete without a few fabric swatches of course, complete with a cute pink heart topped pin.

I found this quote from "Mark Twain" that seemed so appropriate to me right now that I had to include it.
Another thing I spent a lot of time on this weekend was the website Pinterest. I put my name down on the waiting list a week ago after seeing it being mentioned on a few blogs but managed to get an invite from a fellow indie biz student as did a few of us. (Loving the networking that has come with this workshop.) All I can say is I found it very hard to tear myself away. It's a great way to bookmark all your favourite things. I often "star" things on Google reader that I really like and want to keep for future reference but then you have to scroll through to find what you've starred. With Pinterest they are all there on one page, so its much easier to keep a track of. It's like having an endless selection of eye candy from your favourite magazines. Can you tell I love it?

4 comments:

Karen said...

I love all that colour and texture too. I need to explore Pinterest more. I got an invite ages ago but back then it didn't work so well on my browser. I notice now its not having the same problems. Off exploring I go.

Bonita Rose said...

Love love your collage! xo
hugs fr a fellow indie student,
bonitarose

by Daisy said...

i love paper collage ever since a friend made one about me. then i took her lead and started doing it about others to give as presents too. i have never done one on myself, but it's an interesting exercise of self-knowledge i guess. yours is definetely "you"!!!

Rafael's Mum said...

they look just beautiful Catherine. I can see you are going to do very well on this course!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...