Monday, March 21, 2011

An unwanted visitor....

A rainy day here today which for me makes me want to be creative and sew something. I have doodled a few designs for pillows/cushions and quilts and would love to rummage through my fabric stash to audition potential fabric groups but a little unwanted visitor is stopping me today.
A 6am this morning we were all awoken by Caitlin's cat 'Shimmer' running around her room (which is directly above our room) chasing what we thought was a bird. She had obviously taken it upstairs to show her owner how clever she was. Unfortunately she let it go and was not clever or fast enough to catch it again and it turned out to be a mouse or maybe a small rat (ugh!!), last seen scampering into Amelia's room. We have not seen it since and as my 'sewing attic' is in between the girls rooms it could easily be in there as well. I did bravely venture in there this afternoon and had a little look at some fabrics but made sure my feet were up off the floor. I know I'm just such scaredy cat when it comes to wild rodents in my home. My husband has set up a rat trap with peanut butter on it which we are told they love so hopefully it will be caught sooner rather than later. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

My husband has to "save" me whenever we get a mouse in the house! It's kinda pathetic really... He's my hero though and takes his hunting job seriously. He takes pride in saving me, which I don't mind at all!

Needled Mom said...

I hope it is captured soon so everyone can rest easier.

Karen said...

Goodluck with the rat hunting! I'm with you - ughhhhh.

XUE said...

A bat flew into our house once & I was freaking out so much so I would react the same with any rodent or creepy crawlies ! But you go camping so you are braver than me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...