Friday, March 18, 2011

Getting organised...


This week has gone by way to fast for my liking. A lot of my time was spent learning a new skill, wallpapering...yes it's taking a wee while to redecorate what will be Amelia's new bedroom but good things take time don't you know. Amelia chose this wallpaper a couple of weeks ago and she has been waiting patiently for her Grandmother to come over and help put it up.  So on Tuesday my parents came over and whilst Amelia was at school Mum and I made a start on the wallpapering and Dad did some hedge and tree pruning around my garden which was a great excuse to play with his new toy...a cordless hedge trimmer. 

I also decided it was time to get a little more organised in my sewing attic. I bought these inexpensive file holders  and covered them in some pretty scrapbook paper that I had in my scrapbooking stash. (Yes I have a scrapbooking paper stash as well as a fabric stash)

I also made up this memo board using up the leftover squares from making my indie biz folder. I crisscrossed it with some pretty white rick rack and then raided my button stash for some nice white vintage buttons which were mostly originally from my Mother's button tin. 

Here's a close-up of one of those vintage buttons plus you can see I also embellished it with some decorative machine stitching. I love how this turned out and can't wait to put it up and start using it. I also love that feeling  of being organised!

7 comments:

Wendy said...

You have chosen a gorgeous paint colour there! I'm in love with your memo board, so pretty! I also have an enormous scrapbook paper stash... I should cover my magazine holders too, but then the whole craft room needs a rehaul!

Unknown said...

the wallpaper is gorgeous, Catherine. Thank goodness for moms, eh?

organizing the sewing attic? great idea... i should be doing the very same thing. amazing how quick chaos takes over!

Lis Harwood said...

Great notice board Catherine, it really looks super.

XUE said...

Such a pretty pinboard, Catherine! Looking forward to more glimpses of your sewing attic & Amelia's new room!

MEG BAIER said...

pretty good, catherine!!! you're not only organized but also original and have a real good taste!!
wish you a lot of fun and success on your "new attic"!!

Karen said...

The memo board is gorgeous! Love the wall colour in Amelia's room.

Shannon said...

I love the colors in your photos! That wallpaper is fantastic... the memo board... It's also so bright and cheerful. Beautiful. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...