Monday, December 5, 2011

I have been....

...making and eating homemade ice-cream, gelato, sorbet and frozen yoghurt with this new toy...

 ...taking photos around my garden after all the rain we've experienced in the last couple of days...

...which has given me a break from the daily garden watering ...

.....everything is so clean and sparkling...

....and in full bloom in the mid morning sunshine...

....my spring onions are starting to bolt and flower, best I start using them up soon...

...my strawberries are getting bigger and more abundant....

.....and it won't be long before we have sweet cherry tomatoes to snack on....

...our rainbow silver-beet is doing so well that we could feed a few of the neighbours as well...

..but I had an idea yesterday that it was time to get out my juicer and make the most of our fresh produce and feel a little healthier too.

While it rained and rained I worked in my Sewing Attic on a Christmas present for a family member, gathered supplies to make something to go with a giveaway here soon, and played "The Game of life" with my eldest daughter.
Today I made a wee brooch out of some Bliss fabrics scraps to be sent away with my Bliss quilt to its new owner in Australia. Yes I sold my first quilt through my Etsy shop on Saturday and may have done a little happy dance when that purchase email came through. I hope the new owner loves it as much as I enjoyed making it.

6 comments:

Katy Cameron said...

Hmm, I'd take the rain over the snow we've got right now! And I'd also take the fresh produce in your garden too ;o)

Yay for your first sale, your quilts are lovely, I'm sure there will be more :o)

Nic said...

I used to have a snowy. I was lost in a house move though.looks like you're enjoying yours and we should look forward to seeing you share some recipes :)

The garden looks great and makes me crave home grown fruit and veg. Nothing beats it.

Unknown said...

Homemade ice cream and homemade juice? Can I come live with you?...

Congrats on the quilt sale Catherine! I would have been dancing right along with you! You Go GIrl!

Needled Mom said...

Your pictures are just gorgeous and the ice cream sounds yummy!

Congratulations on your sale. I am sure she will love it.

Deb said...

Oh I use my ice cream maker all the time in the summer. I bought David Lebowitz's book The Perfect Scoop which has lots of great recipes in it. I love making frozen yoghurt too...MMMMM.

I made your biccies yesterday. They were inhaled by the kids for afternoon tea!!

Karen said...

Yummy ice cream! Its a shame a don't live closer so I could be your taste tester. I love the photos of your garden. We are having lots of rain too. We picked some of our lettuce tonight for our salad.It smelt and tasted so good. Of course lettuce always tastes good with a nice dressing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...