Thursday, December 8, 2011

Newly acquired

I've been wanting to get my hands on this magazine ever since it's first edition. I was so very pleased and surprised the other day when I saw a few copies in our local bookshop. I had thought I'd have to get them to order it in specially for me like they do with the American magazine "Stitch". For an overseas monthly magazine it is quite well priced and full of crafty goodness and inspiration inside. I feel like they put this magazine together just for me and I can't wait for the next issue. Check it out at your local book shop if you haven't already! 

For my Mother's Christmas present this year she has asked me to make her the Blossom bag by Amy Butler so last week we went shopping and I got her to pick out some fabrics. I was very pleased when she choose some Denyse Schmidt prints as this means I get to keep the leftovers! I really enjoyed making my version of this bag and also love using it with all it's handy pockets and dividers.

Sadly our towns little craft shop is closing down which means I won't be able to nip down town to get that perfectly matching shade of thread to go with whatever sewing project I have going on. I shall really miss being able to get basic sewing necessities at a moments notice. On the positive side the owner is having a closing down sale so I stocked up on just a few different shades of thread to keep me going :-) The Molnlycke reels of thread were only $1 a reel! 

These are the fabrics I'm currently working with...for a little giveaway gift soon. What do you think? Do you like their shabby chic prettiness?

Little birdie pincushion
And finally I sewed this cute little birdie yesterday. It's a free pattern found here. I'm not sure whether to let it fly away to a new home as it looks quite happy where it is. Perhaps I'll  make another one...
Is your week going as fast as mine? So many gifts to make and so little time...

7 comments:

Katy Cameron said...

I'm sorry, let me get this straight, you ENJOYED the Blossom bag? Are you quite mad?! I swore up and down I would NEVER make another one again lol My mother loves it, my granny wants it, too bad granny!

Other than that, I can forgive your taste in magazines (do you get Making there as well? It does really nice grown up things for you and the house), and sorry your craft shop is closing, but glad you got hold of all that thread.

Lis Harwood said...

How sad to be losing your local craft shop - but glad you were able to fuel your thread addiction at a discount. Love the look of all you are working on but that bag look difficult.

Anonymous said...

Shame your crafty shop is closing down but great score on the threads. It really adds up after a while. That bag looks amazinf and so does your collection for the giveaway. I'm planning to try making your cookies.

Anonymous said...

Shame your crafty shop is closing down but great score on the threads. It really adds up after a while. That bag looks amazinf and so does your collection for the giveaway. I'm planning to try making your cookies.

Karen said...

The bag is gorgeous! Would love to see a photo of your DS version. The pattern looks way out of my league.
Its exciting when you find amagazine/book that you think was written with you in mind.
The little birdie is cute! He looks very comfortable in your home.

Little Blue Mouse said...

Those threads should keep you going for a while!

I love the little birdy pin cushion.

Kathy said...

My absolute fav magazine! I know just what you mean - I feel like it's written just for me and it's one of the few magazines I read cover to cover and then some! With a little detective work I now have every copy and am up to date with the Christmas issue. Some gorgeous goodies in that one! A subscription means you have it only a week or so after UK release. Enjoy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...