Thursday, December 24, 2009

One more sleep!

The elves have been busy in our house this Christmas. We have made some lovely handmade decorations from a couple of great tutorials I've found around blog land recently.

This wreath was really simple to make. All you need is a wire coat hanger and quite a few baubles plus I added a bit of tinsel and to finish a gold ribbon bow. It is now hanging in our front bay window looking very festive. Here's the tutorial that I followed here.

Next the girls and I made these easy paper globes with some inexpensive scrapbook paper and some brads. The tutorial for these is here.

There were a few other tutorials I wanted to try but they will have to wait till next year. Time just seems to run out at this time of the year for some reason?!?



Last year we made these angels from a "Klutz" kit set. There is 8 included in the box to make up and they were a really fun Christmas craft to do with the girls. Check them out here.

Christmas Angels on our tree.

It wouldn't be a kiwi Christmas without one of these iconic ornaments.


A few years ago now my Mother passed on some of her old ornaments for our tree.
They are quite delicate now but very special to me as they bring back childhood memories.



Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

7 comments:

Rafael's Mum said...

LOVE your bauble wreath! It it looks so festive and VERY professional!!! No wonder you had to get some more... but it was well worth it!

Never enough time these days but I hope you get it all done and have lovely festive days.

Lis Harwood said...

Have a very Happy Christmas Catherine and a Happy Quilting New Year, love Lis x

wishes, true and kind said...

I'm not much for "crafting" (other than sewing), but I think I could handle that ornament wreath. Maybe I'll buy some ornaments on sale after Christmas and make one for next year. I might even be able to pull off a paper globe or two. Thanks for the links.

Christmas blessing to you and yours!

Joan

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the link for the wreath! I love what you did!

sewtakeahike said...

Cute little oranaments, thank-you for the links! I really like those scrapbook paper globes.
I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas!

Sandy in Buenos Aires said...

Great ornies !
I hope you had a lovely Merry Christmas filled with family memories!!!
I wish you all the best !!
Hugs,
Sandy-

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Merry Christmas to you as well. Those are beautiful decorations. I especially like the hand made ones.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...