Monday, December 14, 2009

Yellow Monday...

Welcome to Colour week! For yellow Monday I've decided to show you my yellow coffee set which I think was given to my parents either as an engagement or wedding present. My parents were never great coffee drinkers so it is still in pristine condition. My Mother decided to give it to me a few years ago and although we also do not drink coffee I love it. The only link we have to coffee is that we used to own a cafe and took great pride in serving the best coffee in town. The cups are "demitasse" size so would be perfect for what you would call a "short black".

We did use them a couple of years ago for one of my daughters birthday parties. I had decided on a "tea party" theme and we served mini hot chocolates in them. I washed it especially for its photo shoot today and was surprised to notice it was made in 'France'. Most good china back when this would have been purchased was made in England. I guess coffee was more popular in the European countries like France more so than England. I can't help but think the pattern on it would look great in fabric.
Be sure to have a look at all the other Yellow posts for colour week linked on Kendall's blog.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello fellow colour-weeker! What a great photo! And I definitely agree - that pattern would make a great fabric.

Deborah said...

what a nice set

Christina Lane | The Sometimes Crafter said...

Wow! What a special set! I like how it is a cross between a tea pot and a china coffee pot in looks. I think serving chocolate in it is a great idea!

Giddy for Paisley said...

That is a very spacial set. I love how you used it for a tea party. Great idea.

kendall.micayla said...

its so pretty! the pot has such a cute shape!
happy yellow monday! xo

Monika said...

Very nice! I love tea pots and tea cups etc etc.
Happy Yellow Monday!!

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

I love coffee and anything to do with it, this set is beautiful, how lovely to have something handed down to you from family. Can't wait to see your green! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...